Support the advancement of the science of paleontology and understanding of the history of life on Earth through membership in the Paleontological Society.
Paleontological Society member benefits.
- Gain cutting-edge knowledge of advances in paleontology.
- Interact and exchange ideas with the worldwide paleontological community while shaping the future of the profession.
- FREE online access to two premier journals — Journal of Paleontology and Paleobiology.
- FREE online access to complete chapters of upcoming volumes of the Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology.
- Member-only rates on print journals.
- Receive occasional Paleontological Society Memoirs with print subscriptions to the Journal of Paleontology, and Paleobiology Memoirs and other special publications with print subscriptions to Paleobiology.
- Member-only discounts on the Treatise of Invertebrate Paleontology and other paleontology books.
- Discounted member rates on publications of the Paleontological Association.
- Student research grants opportunities.
- Discounted registration rates for annual and regional meetings of the Geological Society of America (GSA). Participate in paleontological topical sessions and other programs at GSA meetings.
- Opportunities to participate in North American Paleontological Conventions.
- Participate in supporting the Society’s programs, awards, and publications; including:
- Student research grants
- International research grants to support those in Eastern Europe and republics of the former Soviet Union (PalSIRP Sepkoski Grants)
- Student NSF travel grants; solicited and distributed by the Paleo Society
- Educational outreach to K-12 children and the general public
- … and more