PS Student Research Grants
THE PALEONTOLOGICAL SOCIETY
Invites applications from student members for a limited number of $800 grants to support research in any field or aspect of paleontology. The top three proposals receive Mid-American Paleontology Society (MAPS) Outstanding Research Awards.
Deadline 11:59 pm Pacific Time on February 13, 2015.
See past AWARDED GRANTS.
Who may apply?
- Undergraduate and graduate student members of the Paleontological Society conducting research on any aspect of paleontology.
- The program is not limited to U.S. students.
How to apply:
- All applications and letters of support will be accepted electronically by e-mail submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the applicant's last name in the subject line of all items submitted by email. PDF attachments are preferred but MS Word-compatible documents will also be accepted.
- Complete the application form available by CLICKING HERE!, downloaded from this site and attach a one page description of your project. Please use a 12-point font and 1 inch margins. For additional instructions, please see the application form.
- A letter of support from your research supervisor should be sent by email to email@example.com
- Application materials must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight (Pacific Time) on Friday, February 13, 2015. An email message of confirmation will be sent to all applicants.
- Awardees must submit a short summary of their project and photo upon completion. News releases and press clippings would also be appropriate.
- The applicant is responsible for following university or federal guidelines and laws concerning the use of radioisotopes, radiation, human subjects, vertebrate animals, etc. The applicant must ensure that the proposed project is logistically feasible (e.g., verify outcrop access) before submitting the proposal. The applicant is also responsible for obtaining any permits that may be necessary for field collecting.
- If the applicant is joining the Paleontological Society at the time of submission of the grant application, the membership application and payment must be sent separately to the address printed on the membership application form. Alternatively, join the Society on-line using the link provided on the Society's homepage at http://www.paleosoc.org/