The Charles Schuchert Award is made to a Member early in his or her career whose paleontological work reflects excellence and quality. Ordinarily, the recipient of the Charles Schuchert Award will be no more than fifteen (15) years past completion of his or her Ph.D.
Deadline: February 1, 2018
Nominations received after this date will be held for the next year. Nominations will be active for three years after receipt, but may be updated yearly, at the discretion of the nominator.
Who May Nominate?
- There are no restrictions on who may submit nominations for the Schuchert award.
How to Nominate:
The nomination dossiers should include:
- Nominee’s full name, address, phone number (and email if available).
- Contact information for nominator.
- Description of the nominee’s achievements in paleontology (not to exceed three pages).
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae.
- Up to five letters supporting the nomination.
All nominations must be submitted electronically by completing and submitting the form below. The nomination must be submitted in a single PDF file as a form attachment.
An email confirmation of receipt will be sent to all nominators.
Schuchert Award Nomination Form
For more information, please contact:
Steven Holland, Chair
Department of Geology
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602-2501
phone: (706) 542-0424