BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP IN THE PALEONTOLOGICAL SOCIETY
Support the advancement of the science of paleontology and understanding of the history of life on Earth through membership in the Paleontological Society.
Download the print version of
the PS Member Benefits
- Gain cutting-edge knowledge of advances in paleontology.
- Interact and exchange ideas with the worldwide paleontological community while shaping the future of the profession.
- FREE online access to two premier journals — Journal of Paleontology and Paleobiology.
- FREE online access to complete chapters of upcoming volumes of the Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology.
- Member-only rates on print journals.
- Receive occasional Paleontological Society Memoirs with print subscriptions to the Journal of Paleontology, and Paleobiology Memoirs and other special publications with print subscriptions to Paleobiology.
- Member-only discounts on the Treatise of Invertebrate Paleontology and other paleontology books.
- Discounted member rates on publications of the Paleontological Association.
- Student research grants opportunities.
- Discounted registration rates for annual and regional meetings of the Geological Society of America (GSA). Participate in paleontological topical sessions and other programs at GSA meetings.
- Opportunities to participate in North American Paleontological Conventions.
- Participate in supporting the Society's programs, awards, and publications; including:
- Student research grants
- International research grants to support those in Eastern Europe and republics of the former Soviet Union (PalSIRP Sepkoski Grants)
- Student NSF travel grants; solicited and distributed by the Paleo Society
- Educational outreach to K-12 children and the general public
- … and more