The Paleontological Society Position Statement: Evolution
Evolution is both a scientific fact and a scientific theory. More information.
• STRATI 2015, Graz, Austria, July 19-23 Website
Paleontological Society statement on National Science Foundation grant inquiries
2014 Annual Reports from the PS are here!
Over the past year, the Council of the Paleontological Society has voted in favor of:
• ratifying the September 16, 2013, “Consensus Statement on Ethics in the Geosciences” signed by President Carlson and Secretary Wilson in Washington, DC.
• signing the November 2013 “Message to the Texas State Board of Education” from the National Center for Science Education regarding school textbook adoptions.
• authorizing President Carlson to sign the December 19, 2013, Coalition for National Science Funding (CNSF) letter to Congressman Lamar Smith.
• endorsing the 1940 Statement of Principles on Academic Freedom and Tenure and joining the list of its institutional supporters.
• President Carlson's letter to the US Forest Service regarding the Paleontological Resources Preservation Act (PRPA).
Past issues: Winter 2015, Summer 2014, Winter 2014, Winter 2013, Summer 2012, Winter 2012, Spring 2011, Summer 2008, Special Edition 2007, Spring 2007, 2006, Fall 2005, Fall 2004, Winter 2004, Spring 2003, Spring 2002, Fall 2002, 2001
• We are saddened to report the death of David M. Raup (1933-2015). Read more.
• Help us! Take this survey about the potential of big databases in education and research. Get the survey here
• Check out the new Summer '15 issue of Priscum Get it here
• Fulbright scholarships in paleontology. Read more.
• Get the latest STEPPE newsletter here
• Apply for the Association for Women Geoscientists 2015 Winifred Goldring Award, recognizing an outstanding female student interested in pursuing a career in paleontology.Read more.
• The FOSSIL Project aims to enhance communication between fossil club members and professional paleontologists, provide opportunities for training and development, enable attendance at conferences and workshops, encourage digitization of fossil collections and foster participation in K-12 outreach. More information
• FIND A JOB: Go to the PaleoNet Jobs Page
- Online access to the Journal of Paleontology and Paleobiology
- Treatise Online—complete chapters of upcoming volumes of the Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology
- Substantial discounts on hard copy volumes of the Treatise and other paleontology books
- Member-only discounts on registration fees for annual and regional meetings of the Geological Society of America
- Research grant opportunities for students
Donít delay! Enjoy the benefits of Paleontological Society Membership. JOIN now!
Already a Paleontological Society Member?
RENEW your membership now for 2015 and continue to enjoy the Societyís benefits.
Your voluntary contributions help substantially to advance the science of paleontology, to expand our knowledge of lost worlds! Your donations to The Paleontological Society can be mailed to the Secretary (Mark A. Wilson, Department of Geology, The College of Wooster, Wooster, OH 44691). Thanks so much for your support! It is greatly appreciated.